Thursday 3 January 2013

Top 20 HiaC Creations of 2012


A big thank you and Happy New Year 2013 to all my customers; thank you for making 2012 so successful and giving me some fab cakes to take on.

Here are my Top 20 Creations of 2012.





20. Pretty Spring Cupcake Bouquet. I never tire of making these cupcake bouquets; they always come out differently and put a smile on the recipient's face. They make a really unique gift and are the perfect alternative to flowers.











19. Loveable Bugs! I love making these cute little bugs cupcakes. They've been a popular design for 2012 and I look forward to making more of them.















18. Tea for One. Individual afternoon tea trays complete with a slice of cake - all to yourself. Another popular design which can be done in any colour combination and great for all occasions. These were made for a Diamond Wedding Anniversary, hence the little diamonds atop the slices of cake.



17. Zoo Animals Cake. I have taken on a lot more large celebration cakes this year and look forward to doing even more next year. This birthday cake was for 2 little boys who were having a joint party at Willows Farm, St Albans. I'm not sure they'd see many of these animals there though!







16. Grandma's 90th Birthday Cake. I made this cake and cupcake tower for my grandma who turned 90 in December - she's a big fan of my cakes and is an inspiration to me. Here she is on her sofa with all her electronic gadgets!









15. Summer Wedding Cupcake Tower. This wedding tower is made up of a variety of cocktail and summer flavoured cupcakes. The design was quite simple but all together looked really fresh and perfect for a Summer Wedding.



















14. Sophie and Glen's 4 Split Tier Buttercream Swirl Wedding Cake. This was probably my most challenging cake of the year as I had to transport it to the Four Seasons Hotel in Canary Wharf and then assemble it on the dance floor but, I hope you'll agree, the end result was worth it!





13. Halloween Designs 2012. I always love making Halloween cupcakes and cakes because there are so many different designs you can do for it. Here are just a few of them.











12. Mothers Day 2012. I had lots of orders for these designs and I had a lot of fun designing them. Flowers are so versatile; they are perfect for cupcakes!





11. Diamond Jubilee Cupcakes. How can I not include these in my Top 20 of 2012?! 2012 was such a great year for us and I was thrilled to do these designs to reflect that.







10. Doc Mcstuffins Birthday Cake - 10in Vanilla cake with Doc Mcstuffins and friends on for Amiya's 2nd Birthday.









9. Christmas Designs 2012 - Traditional Christmas Fruit Cake and some of my cupcake designs. Always love Christmas!







8. Raa Raa the Noisy Lion Giant Cupcake. Childrens' birthday cakes are always a lot of fun to make as they have such imaginative characters and themes. They are perfect as giant cupcakes!







7. Robyn and Mark's Lilac Rose Cupcake Tower. I don't usually do tiered wedding cakes so this was a first as they were adamant that they wanted me to do their cake! I was very pleased with how it turned out and had lots of compliments on it.







6. Alice in Wonderland cupcakes. These were made for one of my regular customers who loves Alice in Wonderland - they are great for cakes as there are so many ways to make them.







5. Gruffalo Cupcakes. More children's cupcakes. I do really love making children's cakes! I'd like to do more please :)







4. Waybuloo Cake. Until I was asked to do these (like many children's tv shows), I'd never heard of the Waybuloos. Now I've made lots of them! 8in vanilla cake







3. Muppets Cupcakes. This is the third lot of muppets cupcakes I made this year and I want to make more. They are such fun characters to make and not only that, but I made them as samples for the judges of Flare 2012, the Entrepreneurial Contest run by the University of Hertfordshire, which I subsequently won. So I think I owe the muppets for that :)







2. Flare Mini Cupcakes. Now from first look, these may not seem that exciting but this photo was taken just before the Flare Award Ceremony where I found out I'd won the Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 and the grand prize of £10,000 to help with my business so it's very important to me and is one of my proudest moments of 2012!





1. My Harry Potter Sorting Hat. This was made of 4 cakes; coconut, vanilla, chocolate and lemon. It was my most 'liked' and most shared cake of 2012 on Facebook so really should be top of the cakes. I can't wait to see what cake designs I get to make in 2013! Thanks again everyone and see you soon.
















No comments:

Post a Comment