Except I adapted it for cupcakes so didnt use a tin and turn it upside down etc. Also added an extra tsp of vanilla. And don't know if I used exactly 10 egg whites because the packet had 15 in so I just used 2/3 of the packet!!
10 egg whites
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ teaspoon almond extract
250 g (9 oz) caster sugar
125 g (4½ oz) plain white flour, sifted
1. Heat the oven to 180°C (350°F, gas mark 4). Whisk the egg whites in a large bowl until foamy. Sprinkle the cream of tartar and the vanilla and almond extracts over them and continue whisking until the mixture is stiff but not dry.
2. Add the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, whisking continuously: the mixture should be shiny and form soft peaks.
3. Fold the flour in with a metal spoon, blending it thoroughly without breaking down the egg whites.
4. Spoon the mixture into 24 cupcake cases, filling the cases about 3/4 full and smooth it out with the back of a spoon. Bake on the lowest level of the oven for about 20 minutes until the top of the cupcake is golden and it springs back when you touch it.
5. Leave to cool for half an hour or so.
6. And ta-da! Decorate however you wish.
I did a couple with vanilla frosting...
One with ice cream...
And the rest I topped with whipped double cream and fresh fruit.
I made it into my Oma's 81st birthday cake. (Oma is Austrian for Grandma by the way!!)
Hope u enjoyed looking at the photos :)